XXVII AiIG PhD Summer School – 2019
«Teaching in Management Engineering: scope, methods and practices»
Organized by Università degli Studi di Palermo
The general aim of the School is to convey PhD students a better theoretical and practical understanding on how to design effective education programs based on an in-depth comprehension of the underlying learning processes, the teaching methods, and the techniques to engage students in both undergraduate and graduate education programs, in order to improve the teaching experience in Management Engineering.
More specifically, the general aims of the school can be summarized as follows:
– Gain detailed knowledge of the subjects taught in Management Engineering and the relative content;
– Gain a general understanding of the Italian University system with regard to teaching;
– Gain a general understanding on how to design bachelor and master programs in Management Engineering;
– Develop an in-depth understanding of the different teaching perspectives and learning outcomes;
– Develop an in-depth understanding of the innovative teaching methods and the tools to improve teaching quality;
– Develop an in-depth understanding on how to design a course, plan and lecture classes through active learning and interactive lecturing;
– Develop teaching skills through a number of practical activities conducted both in team and independently.